Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How's It Going?

First off, I have a major prayer request. Please pray for Elizabeth and her sister Susan.  Susan is very very ill, and I know Elizabeth is torn between being here or there for her family. I know what it's like to be torn between here and family. My heart is with you Elizabeth. My prayer goes up for you.

How is your fasting going? It's been over a week now. Are you still surviving? I hope it's been good to focus on God. It has for me. I've struggled a little bit, but I'm going into this week with a better and with a strength that's not my own.  I give Him all the praise.

I'll leave you with a few questions that are from the 7 study guide:
Read 1 Corinthians 3:16-17. Jesus changed the parameters of the temple, but do you think he changed its sanctity? Are our bodies more or less sacred?
How do you think God's immense concern over every detail of the original temple translates to how He wants us to manage our bodies, the new temple?
How does your life reveal the value you place on the body God has given you with which you are called to serve Him?

Let's keep supporting and encouraging each other this week! Much love and prayers for you.

Kara

2 comments:

  1. Kara,
    Thank you for starting this string of communication as a tool to uplift and encourage one another even when we cannot be together. I have not yet started an actual "fast"...i am just reading the book for now to get an idea of what this is all about. However, i can tell you that it has sincerely changed my outlook on the way myself and my family live. We live an "earthly" abundant life and we truly are richly blessed, but as i have been reading more and more lately, it dawns on me that it is not the earthly treasure or wealth that we need to seek. God knows what provisions we need well before we even know our needs. All i need to do is find my rest, my security and my affirmation in my Creator and all else will be supplied beyond my wildest imagination.
    "Food for thought"...I was reading from a devo book that i bought at the church at battlecreek during the christmas gathering and it has been discussing the sermon on the mount and how if a child asks his/her parent for a piece of bread, what parent would give that child a stone to eat?? Or if he/she asks for a fish will be given a serpent? No brainer, right?! "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him" (Matt 6:7-12). All we have to do is ask and it will be given. Seek and we will find. Knock and it will be opened.
    I challenge you, whether you are in the fasting state currently or preparing to do it that you turn to the Father in all things. He is there to give abundantly.
    This is not necessarily related, but kinda and it has been on my heart. Just wanted to share. Thanks for reading and listening to my ramble.
    Love,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene,
    I really love what's on you're heart. Thank you for saying that. It's kept me in the right attitude this morning.
    I wonder if we're just like children in the fact that we don't always know or care what's good for us. We also aren't very trusting of God. I say that because instead eating the right amount of what God has given us, we tend to overeat, and we store up tons and tons of food, mostly prepackaged junk, thinking we just might need this man-made "food". We put more stock in ourselves, eat more than we should, and don't share the rest. Sounds like a 2 year old to me!
    Hope you're having a good week.

    Much love

    ReplyDelete