Friday, January 25, 2013

The Start of Our Journey!

I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, and I'm not a very good writer.  But here we are and here we go through this 7 challenge together!  Hopefully we can all just comment and post freely about praises, issues, struggles, and prayer requests.  Let's use it as a way to get connected to one another and be each other's support group.
So, I just got back from a birthday party that Owen and Vance were invited to.  They had a great time, and the mom of the three birthday kids did a no presents policy (which we've been doing for the past year with our own kids).  I was proud of her for making that commitment, and I don't think the kids enjoyed it any less without all the presents that are all about self.  Also, some of you know, that the kids are also on a "fast" of chocolate.  Not that they get it except for if they eat good at supper, but it's been very good training for them.  It brings God up a lot more in conversations with them, which I am very thankful for.  Anyway, I was so proud of them at the party because they both made the decision on their own to not eat a chocolate cupcake (they did take vanilla, what's a party without cake!).  It was one of those moments that make you want to applaud your own children! So my thought and prayer today is that I can be a good example for them, so they choose on their own to serve God with all their heart, mind, and soul.  Today is a victory in that small little way, and I am thankful to God for the children he's blessed me with.
How are you?  Are you struggling?  Are you praising God?  Are you learning anything?  Please share!

Much Love in Christ!

Kara Bea

P.S.  Here's an article Jason sent me today that might me interesting to you!  http://www.today.com/moms/minimalist-mom-vows-spend-nothing-her-kid-2013-1C8110210

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The fasting experience how's been quite a spiritual journey for me. My gratitude to the Father has brought such joy and humility. As we know, God does not desire my sacrifices, this fast has brought me closer to HIM and his goodness. Not because I am not eating certain things but because I am more focused on HIM and His goodness. I am not thinking about what I don't get, but about the blessings God has given to me. Using the excess to bring Glory and honor to our King. Thank you Kara for bringing this to us, for listening to the Spirits call and going forward. We love you and appreciate your brave and courageous heart.
      So very grateful,
      Rhonda

      Delete